Chosen as one of Georgia’s Best and Brightest “40 Under 40” by GA Trend Magazine, a ‘Person to Know” by Atlanta Magazine and a “Man of Distinction” by The Atlanta Tribune, we are joined this week by our good friend W. Imara Canady who gives us tips and tricks on how to access arts and culture on a shoestring budget.
We've listed Imara's list of where to access affordable tickets, discounts and bargains below. Please use it often and share it with others who love the arts and want to explore its breadth on a budget.
- Visit Playbill.com for Rush Tickets
- Visit the website of the show and use their Lottery system to purchase tickets
- Use Student discount options
- Download the GoldStar App or Sign Up for the GoldStar Newsletter
- League of Chicago Theatres website
- Living Social
- Bank of America's Monthly Free museum admission for account holders
- Industry Nights
- Contact individual community theatre's and ask if the have a "Pay What You Can" program?